Ukrainian refugees in Wiltshire update
An online event will be held at 6:30pm on Monday 16 May for people to find out more information and ask questions on the support available locally.
There will be updates on the work to support refugees including accommodation checks and payments for sponsors through the Homes for Ukraine scheme and help with school places. There will also be discussion of community support and how people can be involved.
Anyone can join the webinar by using this link: https://bit.ly/3kBbOsc
Approximately 2,800 households have registered for the Homes for Ukraine scheme and currently 375 households have been matched with 1,034 individuals.
Latest figures show there has been 102 school applications, 67 primary and 35 secondary, with many joining classes since the new term has begun.
The Ukraine Family Scheme. is where Ukrainian people have a family member in the UK. Families arriving in this way do not have financial support and those providing a home are not eligible for the £350 a month.
Many communities are offering support across Wiltshire. The Wiltshire Together website is also a useful site for information.
The Support for Ukraine webpages have general information on providing support as well as frequently asked questions.
Other key links:
- Homes for Ukraine: sponsor guidance
- Homes for Ukraine - people interested in being a sponsor can go to this site to register their interest
- Welcome: a guide for Ukrainians arriving in the UK - A general guide for Ukraine refugees coming to the UK
- Assets Publishing: Welcome guidance in Ukranian (український)
- Assets Publishing: Welcome guidance in Russian (Русский)
- Offer work to people who have come to the UK from Ukraine (www.gov.uk)
- Help for anyone fleeing the Ukrainian conflict (barnardos.org.uk) - Barnardo's has set up the Ukrainian Support Helpline for anyone fleeing the conflict.